Held from July 28-30, 2019 at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, the 17th edition of Cosmoprof North America (CPNA) welcomed over 40,000 visitors – a stable figure compared to the previous year – who engaged with 1,435 exhibitors (compared to 1,415 last year) representing 43 countries. The show floor space covered 312,638 sqf (29,045 sqm) of space (up 3% from 2018).
The event showcased all facets of the beauty industry, presented across three main sections: Cosmetics & Personal Care, with growth in the skin care sector, Professional Beauty and Cosmopack North America.
Held for the first time this year, the third section acting as a “show-within-a-show” was dedicated to the entire supply chain of the cosmetics industry: contract manufacturing and private label, machinery, primary, and secondary packaging, applicators, ingredients, and raw materials.
The launch of Cosmopack was accompanied by initiatives including the special curated area Discover Pack for some brand-new exhibitors, dedicated Buyer Program (featuring R&D, brand executives, and product development), packaging-related conferences, and the Pure Factory, an animation that recreated the entire manufacturing process of a cosmetic product live, thanks to the participation of a selection of Cosmopack exhibitors. In its first edition at CPNA, the Pure Factory produced a clean beauty face highlighter.
CPNA also featured a robust educational program featuring more than twenty-five seminars and workshops.
For the first time this year, the Cosmoprof & Cosmopack North America Awards honoured the most innovative products, formulations, packaging designs and technologies of exhibiting companies.
The jury of the Cosmoprof Awards voted the following winners:
- Hair care: Man Made Wash Spiced Vanilla by 18.21 Man Made, a 3-1 body wash, shampoo and conditioner inspired by the spirit of prohibition era bootlegging.
- Make-up: Nutraskin Silk & Smooth Concealer, Nutraskin Super Wear HD Foundation by Nutracosmetic GmbH, a foundation that refines the skin texture for a fresh radiance.
- Skin care: Seriously Soothing Serum Stick by Acure. Stick it to dry skin with this nourishing combo of blue tansy oil, grape seed oil, and hyaluronic acid.
- Natural & organic: Bambeautiful Densifying Foam by Creightons PLC / Potter and Moore Innovations Ltd
- Tools & devices: PMD Clean Pro RQ by PMD Beauty, a smart facial cleansing device with active warmth and rose quartz massager.
And the jury of the Cosmopack Awards voted the following winners:
- Make-up formula: Time to love, a heart-shaped powder blush by Ancorotti.
- Make-up packaging design: Quick Release Magnetic Closure Vial by Cosmopak USA, LLC. A patent pending magnetic closure vial.
- Skin care formula: Puresun Sun protector Spf 30 by B. Kolormakeup & Skincare S.p.A. A clean two-phase SPF 30 (UVA/UVB) sun care product complying with the main black lists.
- Skin care packaging design: Boost mixer by Toly.
- Sustainability: Refill Collection by Premi spa.
The 18th edition of Cosmoprof North America will be held June 30-July 2, 2020 in Las Vegas.
Powered by WPeMatico